Upstream Development Research Investigator/Principal Investigator/Associate Director, Early CMC Analytical
Over the past decade BeiGene has grown exponentially and become an industry leader with a robust drug pipeline combined with strong production capacity. In addition, as an emerging industry leader with over 7000 employees globally, BeiGene has built a world-class clinical development team and a leading commercial team to bring accessible and affordable medicines to patients around the world.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Lead a team to perform small scale process development for mammalian cell culture to support the early stage biologics development.
- Lead the development of a streamlined and robust platform upstream process, including media development and process development.
- Lead cell culture team transferring projects to pilot scale manufacturing to support the IND and clinical development.
- Manage early stage cell culture resources.
- Grow and enhance the cell culture group’s capabilities to meet requirement of increased biologics pipeline of the company.
- Develop strategies to enhance the cell line development and cell culture manufacturing platform.
- Strengthen internal scientific expertise by providing technical leadership and building appropriate technical capabilities.
- Working closely with colleagues in GMP manufacturing to ensure coordination of project activities across all programs.
- Key contributor to relevant CMC sections in IND/CTA submissions.
- Stay current with emerging trends in and introduce new technology to enhance workflow and capabilities.
- in biochemistry, chemical engineering or related field with 3-5 years, or masters degree with 5-10 years of relevant industrial experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing team members and projects.
- Broad experience in biologics is required.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in lab scale cell culture including high throughput technologies such as Ambr.
Submit your application:
- Interested applicants should submit a single pdf file containing a cover letter, curriculum vitae, representative publications and pre-prints, and a statement of research interests. Applicants will also be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three references.
Applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org