AAI Policies and Statements
Attendees at IMMUNOLOGY2022™ are expected to adhere
to the following policies and statements.
The American Association of Immunologists (AAI) is committed to ensuring a safe and welcoming environment at AAI activities for all participants regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, skin color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sexual preference, age, military or veteran status, marital status, or disability.
Code of Conduct
In addition to providing a safe and welcoming environment for AAI activities, AAI adheres to the principles of integrity, civility, diversity, and respect. To that end, prohibited behaviors at IMMUNOLOGY2022™ include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Physical assault (including unwelcome touching or groping)
- Unwelcome or uninvited attention or contact
- Real or implied threat of physical harm
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions
- Verbal or physical abuse of any person working on behalf of the meeting, including convention center, AAI, or contract staff
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation/preference, age, or disability (including in presentation slides)
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images (including in presentation slides)
- Harassing photography or taking identifying photos of someone without his or her express permission
- Photographing or recording oral presentations and/or posters (except by presenting authors)
- Photographing or recording scientific or other sessions
- Disruption of scientific sessions or other events
- Inebriation or use of illegal substances at the meeting
- Entering the meeting area or sessions without registering or wearing a meeting badge
- Sharing or borrowing meeting badges
- “Crashing” an “invitation only” event
AAI reserves the right to remove individuals, without refund, who have engaged in any of the above-described behaviors from all further activities at, or associated with, IMMUNOLOGY2022™. Convention center security and/or police may be asked to intervene as is necessary. AAI reserves the right to bar offenders from future AAI-sponsored meetings or events.
Submission of an abstract to the AAI annual meeting constitutes a commitment by the author to present his or her data in the format assigned (poster, or podium and poster presentation). Podium presenters are also required to present a poster. Failure to present as assigned will result in the withdrawal of the abstract from publication. Authors who cannot be present at their assigned time(s) must formally withdraw their abstract(s) before March 10, 2022.
For details about abstract submission and presentation, visit our Abstracts page.
Photography and Recording
AAI is committed to the respectful sharing of scientific research and data. Attendees are strictly prohibited from photographing and recording (audio or video) scientific sessions. Posters may not be photographed or recorded unless the author has given their permission. Violators will be asked to delete photographs or recordings and risk expulsion from the meeting.
Official photographs will be taken at IMMUNOLOGY2022™. By registering for this meeting, you agree to allow AAI to use your photo in AAI publications, including on the AAI website.
Independent Meetings and Events during IMMUNOLOGY2022™
Meetings and events planned in conjunction with the AAI meeting cannot be scheduled during the official hours of IMMUNOLOGY2022™. AAI hotels and the Oregon Convention Center are unable to provide meeting space that is in conflict with AAI sessions and events.
IMMUNOLOGY2022™ Vaccine Policy
In consideration of the health and safety of all meeting attendees and convention center staff, all registrants must provide official proof of WHO- or CDC-approved COVID-19 vaccination. AAI has engaged an experienced third-party to gather this verification. This information will be held in strict confidence. All registrants must have provided proof of vaccination to be allowed into the Oregon Convention Center. Detailed instructions will be provided after you have registered.
IMMUNOLOGY2022™ Mask Policy
Currently, in accordance with mandates from the State of Oregon, masks, face shields, or face coverings are required statewide for indoor and outdoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status. Any person who violates this rule is subject to civil penalties of up to $500/day/violation.
As a meeting participant, I agree I will abide by these and other policies set forth by AAI.