AAI Policies and Statements
Attendees at IMMUNOLOGY2022™ are expected to adhere
to the following policies.
The American Association of Immunologists (AAI) is committed to ensuring a safe and welcoming environment at AAI activities for all participants regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, skin color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sexual preference, age, military or veteran status, marital status, or disability.
Code of Conduct
In addition to providing a safe and welcoming environment for AAI activities, AAI adheres to the principles of integrity, civility, diversity, and respect. To that end, prohibited behaviors at IMMUNOLOGY2022™ include, but are not limited to, the following:
Physical assault (including unwelcome touching or groping)
- Unwelcome or uninvited attention or contact
- Real or implied threat of physical harm
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions
- Verbal or physical abuse of any person working on behalf of the meeting, including convention center, AAI, or contract staff
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation/preference, age, or disability (including in presentation slides)
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images (including in presentation slides)
- Harassing photography or taking identifying photos of someone without his or her express permission
- Photographing or recording oral presentations and/or posters (except by presenting authors)
- Photographing or recording scientific or other sessions
- Disruption of scientific sessions or other events
- Inebriation or use of illegal substances at the meeting
- Entering the meeting area or sessions without registering or wearing a meeting badge
- Sharing or borrowing meeting badges
- “Crashing” an “invitation only” event
AAI reserves the right to remove individuals, without refund, who have engaged in any of the above- described behaviors from all further activities at, or associated with, IMMUNOLOGY2022™. Convention center security and/or police may be asked to intervene as is necessary. AAI reserves the right to bar offenders from future AAI-sponsored meetings or events.
AAI supports the in-house rules of the Oregon Convention Center.
Reporting Misconduct/Safe Space
It is important that all attendees at IMMUNOLOGY2022™ feel respected and safe at our meeting. If you are being made to feel uncomfortable or threatened, notice that someone else is being threatened, or witness what you believe could be a threat to the meeting or the public, please report the situation immediately to Staff in the AAI Office or to a security guard. If the AAI office is closed or the incident is life-threatening or dire, please call 911.
To make a report, please go to the AAI Office in the Convention Center located on Level 1, Room C125. The office is staffed continuously throughout the meeting. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org during the conference to report an incident.
Additionally, you are welcome to ask assistance of the uniformed Security Guards stationed throughout the IMMUNOLOGY2022™ meeting space.
Submission of an abstract to the AAI annual meeting constitutes a commitment by the author to present their data in the format assigned (poster, or podium and poster presentation). Podium presenters are also required to present a poster. Failure to present as assigned will result in the withdrawal of the abstract from publication. Authors who cannot be present at their assigned time(s) must formally withdraw their abstract(s) before March 10, 2022.
For details about abstract submission and presentation, visit our Abstracts page.
Photography and Recording
AAI is committed to the respectful sharing of scientific research and data. Attendees are strictly prohibited from photographing and recording (audio or video) scientific sessions. Posters may not be photographed or recorded unless the author has given their permission. Violators will be asked to delete photographs or recordings and risk expulsion from the meeting.
Official photographs will be taken at IMMUNOLOGY2022™. By registering for this meeting you agree to allow AAI to use your photo in AAI publications, including on the AAI website. the AAI website.
Independent Meetings and Events during IMMUNOLOGY2022™
Meetings and events planned in conjunction with the AAI meeting cannot be scheduled during the official hours of IMMUNOLOGY2022™. AAI hotels and the Oregon Convention Center are unable to provide meeting space that is in conflict with AAI sessions and events.