Abstract Submissions Open
Nov. 2, 2021
Abstract Submissions Close
Dec. 20, 2021*
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FEES
PLEASE NOTE: Your abstract submission fee is NOT your meeting registration fee. Abstract submission fees are not refundable.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstract submissions limit: none – provided each abstract represents distinct research.
- Authors may not submit an abstract on work that has been published previously.
- Fees: Abstract fees are based on your membership status at the time of submission. Your 2022 membership must be paid at the time of submission to be eligible for the member discount.
- To join AAI or renew your membership, start here. If you have questions about your membership status, please contact email@example.com.
- Submission fees are non-refundable.
- Submission fees are separate from the conference registration fee.
- NOTE: There is no reimbursement of the difference if you join after you’ve submitted an abstract.
How to Submit Your Abstract
- Start your submission by clicking here.
- Sign on, using your AAI User ID and password.
- On your account Homepage, under Event Services, click on Submit Your Abstract for IMMUNOLOGY2022™.
- Review your contact information on the first page you see.
- Once reviewed (and edited as needed), click on Continue Abstract Submission as a Member (or Nonmember). You will be redirected to our abstract submission site, where you will see an application with six buttons across the top as shown below.
Step 1: Authors
NOTE: The submitting author = first author and presenter. This cannot be changed.
- Enter all authors in the order they should appear in the meeting app and any online or print documents.
- Enter institution(s) for each author.
- Use the picklist first
- Look up by keywords (e.g. California; Baylor; Benaroya).
- If your institution is not in the picklist – please add by using the following rules:
- Use common abbreviations (e.g. Univ., Sch., Med., Hlth.).
- List institution first, then school (e.g. Univ. of California, Los Angeles, David Geffen Sch. of Med.).
- Do not include address information.
- List NIH Institutions by acronym followed by NIH (e.g. NIAID, NIH).
- If location is outside the U.S., please indicate the country (e.g. Federal Univ. of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).
- Use the picklist first
- Enter disclosure information for each author.
Step 2: Abstract
- Each abstract should contain:
- A sentence stating the study objective (unless given in the title).
- A brief statement of methods (if pertinent).
- A summary of the results obtained.
- A statement of conclusions (HINT: saying “the results will be discussed” is not satisfactory).
- Abstract titles:
- Use sentence-style capitalization (e.g: “Active learning improves comprehension in large section immunology course at Western University.”)
- Do not use “quotations” or all UPPERCASE letters.
- There is a 200-character limit for titles
- A character counter, underneath the title entry box, will help you keep track of the length.
- Abstract body:
- There is a 1,500-character limit for your abstract (not including spaces).
- A character counter, underneath the abstract entry box, will help you keep track of the length.
- Special characters and formatting:
- Special characters and formatting can be inserted using the formatting toolbar, just above the title and abstract entry boxes.
Step 3: Abstract Detail
- Topic Category: From the drop-down menu, select the appropriate abstract topic category for your submission.
- NOTE: Occasionally, the Abstract Programming Chairs may reassign your abstract to a different topic category.
- Presentation Preference: From the next drop-down menu, select your presentation preference.
- All accepted abstracts will be scheduled as posters.
- NOTE: Selecting “Podium and Poster” presentation preference does not guarantee your abstract will be accepted and selected as a podium presentation.
- Funding support: If you received funding support for this research, please name the source of the support. (e.g. Supported by grants from NIH (R01 AI123456, PO1 CA78894)
- Are you a Trainee? From the drop-down menu, select yes or no
- NOTE: Trainees are defined as graduate students or postdoctoral fellows. If you are a Trainee, you will be asked the name and email address of your P.I.
Step 4: Author Agreement
Please read the provided statements and check the checkbox next to each statement to affirm your agreement to it.
Step 5: Proofread
NOTE: All abstracts will be printed and published as submitted by the author.
- Carefully check the proof of your abstract before completing your submission.
- Make sure all special characters and formatting display correctly in your proof.
- Any errors can be corrected by clicking on the appropriate circular tab across the top of the page.
- AAI is not responsible for and will not copy edit abstract submissions, including authors.
- AAI will not accept edits to abstracts for any reason after February 17, 2022.
- Common mistakes:
- Duplicating the title, authors, and/or institutions
- Omission of author(s)
- Omission of funding source(s)
- Incorrect institution/organization affiliation(s)
- Typographical errors such as transposing letters in common words
- Incorrect special characters such as Greek text of mathematical symbols
Step 6: Payment
NOTE: All abstract submission fees are nonrefundable.
- The abstract fee is NOT your meeting registration fee. If your abstract is accepted, and you accept the invitation to present, you will be required to register for the meeting and pay a registration fee.
- Once payment is submitted, you will receive two e-mails regarding your submission:
- Confirmation of your submission with limited details
- Receipt of payment.
Notification of Programming: February 23, 2022
Notifications to submitting (first) authors will be sent on February 23, 2022. Notifications include:
- Title, date, and time of session(s) in which abstract has been programmed
- Format of presentation (podium and poster, or poster only)
- Program number
- Presentation time
- Notifications will be sent to the submitting (first) author only. Co-authors will not receive notifications.
- If your abstract has been accepted, you must accept the invitation to present by February 23, 2022.
- If you do not receive any notification on the status of your submission by February 28, 2022, first check your spam or junk folders. If you still don’t find a notification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: Although it is rare for an abstract to be rejected, AAI reserves the right–at its sole discretion–to decline any abstract deemed inappropriate.
Need Help with Abstracts?
If you have questions regarding the submission criteria or questions about IMMUNOLOGY2022™, please contact AAI at email@example.com or (301) 634-7178. The AAI Office is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET.
Technical support: If you have any difficulty with the submission process, please email our abstract submission partner, MIRA, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-341-9589 Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM CT.