Director, Clinical Biomarker Science (Inflammation/Immunology)
Over the past decade BeiGene has grown exponentially and become an industry leader with a robust drug pipeline combined with strong production capacity. In addition, as an emerging industry leader with over 7000 employees globally, BeiGene has built a world-class clinical development team and a leading commercial team to bring accessible and affordable medicines to patients around the world.
The clinical biomarker team leads translational research, biomarker identification and companion diagnostic development for our pipelines. We have an exciting opportunity for a clinical biomarker scientist based in Beijing or Shanghai to lead clinical biomarker in Inflammation/Immunology.
BeiGene is expanding its pipelines in Inflammation/Immunology (I/I). The candidate will lead the clinical biomarker group in Inflammation/Immunology (I/I). The candidate will be responsible for developing clinical biomarker implementation strategies that are aligned with central lab operation, clinical operation, clinical medical development, clinical pharmacology, and preclinical translational research.
- Responsible for integrating translational research and clinical development to develop a biomarker strategy in alignment with clinical development objectives, leading efforts for data generations, interpretation and communication to the I/I development team
- Engages functional groups to develop, champion, implement and align biomarker strategies for development projects in inflammation and autoimmune pipelines
- Effectively engages with teams and utilizes internal and external resources to define, revise and progress translational/biomarker plans
- Delivers high quality biomarker strategies for target engagement, pharmacodynamics endpoints, patient selection and companion diagnostic development (where appropriate)Engages team members to ensure alignment of biomarker strategies with clinical operational plans with functional area capabilities.
- Cooperates with functions to maximize resources for optimal portfolio prosecution. For example, support new drug target proposal and evaluation to expand pipelines
- Builds productive relationships with team members that interact within the group.
- Continually analyzes progress, engages in critical thinking, and asserts strong problem-solving towards delivering key data and interpretation essential for decision making.
- Effectively interfaces with functional areas to ensure strategic alignment and to obtain appropriate operational resources to deliver on biomarker goals
- Ensures appropriate decisions are made in a timely manner at the appropriate levels to drive biomarker deliverables
- Communicated key biomarker program information, risks and milestones, and manages information flow across team members.
- PhD in immunology
- 5+ years of experience in the mechanism study or drug development process within academia, a pharmaceutical company or biotech industry
- Significant understanding of the role of translational research/medicine, and clinical biomarker in inflammatory disease such as RA, IBD et al
- Demonstrated knowledge of oncology and/or immunology disease biology, and various biomarker platforms (such as IHC, flow cytometry, NGS, liquid biopsy, etc.) and their clinical practice.
- Significant understanding of all functional areas of drug development, including biology, toxicology, clinical development, diagnostic development, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to multitask across multiple development assets
- Proven ability to frame issues, ask the right clarifying questions, and rationalize decisions.
Submit your application:
- Interested applicants should submit a single pdf file containing a cover letter, curriculum vitae, representative publications and pre-prints, and a statement of research interests. Applicants will also be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three references.
- Applicants should submit their applications to Catherine.email@example.com