Postdoctoral Research Associate—Long Lab
Benaroya Research Institute
The Long Lab is a translational immunology lab focused on better understanding underlying mechanisms of the autoimmune disease, type 1 diabetes. This is done by performing mechanistic studies associated with clinical trials and in-depth studies using clinical samples. In fact, we have been involved in the majority of studies cited in a recent Science T1D special section review (Science 373, 510-516, 2021). This position provides the unique opportunity to focus on mechanistic studies associated with additional clinical trials in T1D targeting T cells or cytokine pathways.
The Postdoctoral Research Associate conducts independent biomedical research relevant to defining mechanisms underlying response to therapy. This will include multiple trials targeting a range of cell types and pathways with a focus on advanced single cell analyses.
- Design and perform experiments and analysis relevant to therapeutic targets and immune profiles of response
- Use advanced, high dimensional cytometry and transcriptional techniques
- Work with the Bioinformatics team at BRI to design and perform advanced single cell analyses
- Work closely with the Human Immunophenotyping Core
- Collaborate with leaders in the field of autoimmunity
- Publish papers, write grants and present findings at meetings
- Opportunity to supervise support staff in the lab
- The Postdoctoral Research Associate is a team-player who welcomes challenges and wants to grow as a translational biologist
- Recent or anticipated PhD, MD or MD/PhD in Immunology or a related field and experience in tissue culture, cellular and molecular techniques
- Prefer experience with cytometry and large data-sets
Visit https://careers-benaroyaresearch.icims.com/jobs/1724/postdoctoral-research-associate/job to apply for this position with a cover letter and CV.