Oregon Health & Science University
A PhD-level position is available to join the Pucci laboratory in investigating the role of extracellular vesicles (EVs) in cancer. Two main research program are ongoing: B cell responses to EV-bound tumor antigens and EVs in cellular senescence.
The successful candidate will work in a multi-cultural, inclusive and international research environment at the Department of Cell, Developmental and Cancer Biology, within the Knight Cancer Institute at the Oregon Health & Science University. This is a wet lab position. Strong ability to lead and plan a research project, highly pro-active behavior, ability to work independently with minimal to no training and enthusiasm for Life Science Research are what we are looking for. Attention to details, tidiness, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- More than 3 years’ experience with mice, including colony maintenance, intravenous injections and necropsy;
- Multi-parameter (>10) flow cytometry, including panel design and analysis;
- Fluorescence imaging of tissue sections and/or clarified whole-mount specimens, including image analysis experience (Fiji);
- Excellent lab notekeeping (including electronic versions) and advanced computer skills (cloud storage, reference manager software, virtual meeting software, Graph pad prism, remote login).
- Cell culture, cloning, plasmid preps, western blot, protein purification;
- Background in immunology or cellular senescence;
- Programming skills (eg. Python, ImageJ, R, Matlab).
For more information, contact Ferdinando Pucci at email@example.com.