BeiGene In Vivo Pharmacology
Over the past decade BeiGene has grown exponentially and become an industry leader with a robust drug pipeline combined with strong production capacity. In addition, as an emerging industry leader with over 7000 employees globally, BeiGene has built a world-class clinical development team and a leading commercial team to bring accessible and affordable medicines to patients around the world.
We are seeking a pathologist to join the in vivo pharmacology team to support programs in preclinical and clinical development stages. The individual will bring pathology expertise with hands-on approaches to guide preclinical decisions and assist with decision making as programs move to clinical trials. The individual will help to optimize the histology and toxicology approaches as the team grows, design studies and move the programs forward using high-quality tissue-based assays and data analysis. The individual will work cross-functionally with the project teams across a broad spectrum of portfolios including but not limited to Tumor Biology, Immuno-oncology and Autoimmune programs.
- Build, organize and operate a translational pathology laboratory
- Being a vital member of the team to develop and optimize pathology methods for drug R&D. This includes, but not limited to, techniques used for molecular pathology, histology, investigative pathology/toxicology
- Drive high quality data analysis relevant to pathology and manage data generated both internally and externally
- Build a state-of-the-art pathology technology platform, including but not limited to, methods of IHC, IF and ISH to support characterization of established and novel targets.
- Guide pathology and imaging decision making with teams as drug candidates approach clinical stages
- Provide expert guidance on pathology and other tissue-based assays for cross functional research and development teams as needed
- Contribute to the design and implementation of pathology laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- Comply with regulated laboratory standards for pathology and IHC documentation and reporting standards
- Contribute to IND/NDA/CTA filing as the pharmacology/toxicology section author
Position will be hired based on level of experience
- Degree in molecular biology, cancer biology, pathology, or related fields with 5+ years industry experience
- Proven record of relevant experience and expertise in translational pathology work in drug discovery and/or development settings
- Hands-on experience with a wide array of anatomic pathology laboratory platforms (e.g., histology, IHC/ISH/IF/multiplexing, light/fluorescent/confocal microscopy, digital pathology image analysis) across fresh frozen and paraffin-embedded formats
- Experienced in assay development and optimization, and trouble-shooting of IHC/ISH/multiplexing assays and image analysis
- Previous exposure to ND/CTA filing is a plus
- Self-starter attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable in a fast pace biotech environment
- Chinese language is not required.
Submit your application:
- Interested applicants should submit a single pdf file containing a cover letter, curriculum vitae, representative publications and pre-prints, and a statement of research interests. Applicants will also be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three references.
- Applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org