Sr. Principal Investigator
BeiGene In Vivo Pharmacology
Over the past decade BeiGene has grown exponentially and become an industry leader with a robust drug pipeline combined with strong production capacity. In addition, as an emerging industry leader with over 7000 employees globally, BeiGene has built a world-class clinical development team and a leading commercial team to bring accessible and affordable medicines to patients around the world.
BeiGene (Shanghai) is searching for a talented and highly motivated research investigator from medical and life science disciplines to join the Pharmacology department to be part of the mission in expanding the highest quality therapies to billions more people. This individual will design, execute and lead in vivo and translational studies in animal models to develop both large/small molecular drugs and other treatment modalities, assisting or leading cross-functional cooperation of our research programs.
The primary responsibilities are to lead a group of scientists to discover and validate novel drug targets and support drug candidate screening and selection. The successful candidate will advance several aspects of BeiGene’s pre-clinical programs, using their skill sets to accomplish the following responsibilities.
- Design and execute in vivo/ex vivo experiment for the purpose of target validation, compound screening, selection, mechanism(s) investigation and IND filing.
- Engage in cross-disciplinary scientific discussion, act as the in vivo pharmacology representative to present scientific data to internal and external audiences.
- Propose and lead new program as needed.
- Review and evaluate target/program for due diligence purpose as needed.
- Other management responsibilities as needed.
Position will be hired based on level of experience
- PhD in the disciplines of medical and life sciences; specialty in cell biology, molecular biology, genetics, epigenetics, cancer biology, neuroimmune or immunology is a plus, 3+years working experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers across multiple areas.
- Demonstrated independent scientific thinking and creative problem-solving skills, as evident in original research, contribution to drug discovery, patent publication and/or track records in peer reviewed journals.
- Experienced in managing scientists in a research organization and/or leading program(s) is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills – Chinese language skill is highly desired but not required.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast pace working environment.
- Professional demeanor.
- Self-starter attitude.
- Chinese language is not required.
Submit your application:
- Interested applicants should submit a single pdf file containing a cover letter, curriculum vitae, representative publications and pre-prints, and a statement of research interests. Applicants will also be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three references.
- Applicants should submit their applications to email@example.com