LNP Discovery (Senior) Research Investigator/Principal Investigator
Over the past decade BeiGene has grown exponentially and become an industry leader with a robust drug pipeline combined with strong production capacity. In addition, as an emerging industry leader with over 7000 employees globally, BeiGene has built a world-class clinical development team and a leading commercial team to bring accessible and affordable medicines to patients around the world.
BeiGene is seeking a highly motivated individual for a lipid nanoparticle (LNP) discovery position based at its Waigaoqiao, Shanghai site. Rank of the position is dependent on expertise and skillsets of the candidate. The incumbent and his/her staff will work with other BeiGene scientists and external scientific groups to develop novel LNP formulation for RNA delivery with improved efficacy and tissue/cell-specificity. The incumbent will also be responsible to lead efforts for novel LNP characterization and validation. The successful candidate will be part of BeiGene’s RNA therapeutics team and report to the Senior Director for RNA Therapeutics.
- Lead efforts in lipid design, synthesis, and screen for improved LNP delivery
- Coordinate and lead efforts in biophysical, in vitro, and in vivo characterization to qualify novel LNP formulations
- Provide summary presentations and detailed reports to internal and external collaborators
- Write and transfer SOPs
- Contribute to the smooth operation of the team
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, virology, pharmaceutical sciences, bioengineering and biomedical engineering, or related disciplines
- Extensive experience with 5+ years of intellectually challenging academic/industry work in the fields of lipid chemistry/biology and/or drug delivery.
- Extensive research experience with effects of lipid types/structures on the properties, protein-lipid interactions, and stabilities of bio-membranes or lipidic complexes. Understanding in lipids’ intracellular trafficking and cytotoxicity.
Submit your application:
- Interested applicants should submit a single pdf file containing a cover letter, curriculum vitae, representative publications and pre-prints, and a statement of research interests. Applicants will also be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three references.Applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org