Senior Director, Translational Biology, Oncology/IO
Over the past decade BeiGene has grown exponentially and become an industry leader with a robust drug pipeline combined with strong production capacity. In addition, as an emerging industry leader with over 7000 employees globally, BeiGene has built a world-class clinical development team and a leading commercial team to bring accessible and affordable medicines to patients around the world.
The position will be in translational science team and the successful applicants will
- The candidate will be leading a group of PhD investigators and be responsible for directing the scientific strategy of preclinical translational biology studies in Oncology or Immune Oncology (IO) to full fulfil the increasing needs as BeiGene research team is expanding our first-in-class and best-in-class portfolio in oncology and I/I. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing translational development strategies for BeiGene’s drugs, working with discovery team and clinical development team.
- When working with discovery team, the candidate and team will deliver scientific mechanism data to help candidate selection for oncology and IO drug candidate. When working with clinical development/biomarker team, the candidate and team will deliver pharmacodynamics biomarker, combination strategy, predictive biomarker, and drug resistant mechanism to help our global clinical development.
- Expertise in scientific understand of drug discovery, developing and qualifying biomarkers, and strong knowledge in immunology and tumor biology is required. The candidate will supervise laboratory-based experiments as well as work with contract research organizations and internal and external collaborators.
- PhD in cell biology or immunology.
- At least 10 years of experience in biotech and pharmaceutical industry with good track record. Experience with Oncology and Immuno-Oncology programs is preferred.
- Demonstrate good scientific experience by good track record including peer-reviewed research publications
- Expertise in developing and implementing biomarker strategy, and strong knowledge in immunology and tumor biology
- Effective team building and teamwork skills and ability to interact with and manage research scientists, project teams, outside collaborators and commercial vendors
- Lead research teams with good skills to motivate, to organize and to drive for team productivity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated in a team environment
Submit your application:
- Interested applicants should submit a single pdf file containing a cover letter, curriculum vitae, representative publications and pre-prints, and a statement of research interests. Applicants will also be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three references.
Applicants should submit their applications to Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org