San Diego, California
Scientist I/II, In Vitro Immunology (Position Code: 20000237)
Gossamer Bio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, acquiring, developing, and commercializing therapeutics in the disease areas of immunology, inflammation, and oncology. Our goal is to create a business that creates value, and long-term sustainability while ultimately helping to improve the lives of patients.
The In Vitro Immunology group is seeking an immunologist well versed in a range of classical immune cell assays as well as cutting edge techniques to join our team. A strong background in T cell biology is preferred. In addition, the highly motivated candidate will exemplify core competencies in the analysis, interpretation, written communication and professional verbal presentation of data to a multidisciplinary audience. This position will contribute to advancing multiple preclinical drug development programs from target identification/validation through support of clinical stage programs while managing competing timelines. The candidate will be expected to effectively collaborate within a highly matrixed culture with colleagues in In Vivo Pharmacology/Biology, Chemistry, ADMET and clinical development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Establish and utilize in vitro and ex vivo cellular assays to support immunology, autoimmune disease and immuno-oncology projects. Develop new functional assays to study the mechanism of action of novel targets and lead therapeutics. Work closely with the In Vivo Pharmacology group to support characterization of animal models and running PD assays. Effectively communicate and present summaries of research results to team members as well as to a multidisciplinary team of researchers. Accurately maintain proper scientific documentation in an electronic lab notebook.
Education, Certifications, Experience
- A B.Sc./M.Sc. with at least 6-9+ years relevant industry experience or Ph.D. with 0-3 years experience in relevant field and a clearly demonstrated skill set in immunology and/or immuno-oncology is required.
- Strong cell and molecular biology background with demonstrated experience in handling human and animal whole blood, primary immune cells and cell lines.
- Proficiency in several cell-based assays and technologies including primary immune cell functional assays, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, multiplex cytokine/growth factor assessment (Mesoscale), qPCR, and others.
- Proven track record of good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation based on strong scientific rationale.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work effectively in a highly collaborative matrix environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and a detail-oriented approach to the execution of experiments and record keeping is a requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with peers and management, both internally and externally is required.
- Works both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer skills: detailed working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to HR@GossamerBio.com.
Gossamer Bio is committed to complying with federal, state and local law on employee vaccinations. Job candidates and employees should be aware that full vaccination against COVID-19 is required. Gossamer Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.