ADC Synthesis, Principal Investigator /Sr. Principal Investigator
Over the past decade BeiGene has grown exponentially and become an industry leader with a robust drug pipeline combined with strong production capacity. In addition, as an emerging industry leader with over 7000 employees globally, BeiGene has built a world-class clinical development team and a leading commercial team to bring accessible and affordable medicines to patients around the world.
The successful candidate will play a key leadership role in building and managing BeiGene’s ADC chemistry function and leading a team of internal & external chemists working across multiple programs. The person will also represent chemistry on cross-functional teams involved in developing strategy, assessing and making go/no-go decisions, as well as serving as ADC project leader on selected programs.
- Act as an ADC chemistry leader within cross-functional project teams to evaluate, prioritize, and set strategy to positively influence project direction and timelines.
- Drive quality and speed to meet department and company goals.
- Lead and grow synthetic and medicinal chemistry.
- Act as a high functioning drug discoverer and influential scientist within BeiGene.
- Act as a resource and mentor to team members.
- Build, manage and motivate a team of internal and external CRO chemists
- Build strong working relationships with fellow BeiGene colleagues, key external advisors, and collaborators.
- Communicate project updates and make strategic recommendations to BeiGene senior leaders.
- more than 3 years of industry experience in total synthesis or ADC linker.
- Experience leading and managing chemistry teams in a matrix organization
- Experience of hiring, managing, and developing direct reports.
- Experience leading programs at all stages of drug discovery from lead generation through to development candidate nomination.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/ initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze complex multi-dimensional data, generate conclusions, and recommend the next steps.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and drive towards scientific goals in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Able to help shape inter-disciplinary strategies and initiatives
- Experience leading external chemistry teams at CRO’s is desirable.
The candidate will have a track record of successful contributions to, and leadership of, innovative drug discovery projects, exemplified by a record of patent inventorship. The person will have 3+ years of drug discovery experience and possess a Ph.D. in relevant chemical science. He/She will have significant experience supervising other scientists.
Submit your application:
- Interested applicants should submit a single pdf file containing a cover letter, curriculum vitae, representative publications and pre-prints, and a statement of research interests. Applicants will also be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three references.
Applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org